Saturday, August 21, 2010

Grilled Tuna Cobb Salad for Two

Getting ready for school to start was my full-time job this week. I checked out books to begin the year and copied rock and roll decorations for the classroom. I attended countless training sessions and planned lessons in detail. I  made checklists and ran off a scavenger hunt puzzle.

All this preparation was fun, but it did not leave much time for cooking. One night I found myself looking into the refrigerator wondering what to make as the sun went down. Leftovers? Why not.

Rod had grilled tuna the night before. I  made the refrigerated leftovers into a grilled tuna cobb salad. I flaked off the cool tuna over iceberg lettuce, added hard boiled egg, black and wild rice, black beans and corn cut from the cob. Fresh strawberry slices added color and vitamin C to the dish. I topped it with HEB Crispy Onions and low-fat ranch dressing. For this salad the measurements are approximate, add more or less to suit your taste.

Grilled Tuna Cobb Salad for Two
6-8 oz. grilled tuna
fresh boiled corn, cut from the cob
2-3 Tbsp. black beans
2-3 Tbsp. steamed brown and wild rice
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
6-8 strawberries, sliced
iceberg lettuce
1 handful HEB Crispy Onions
2 Tbsp. low-fat ranch dressing
black pepper

Clean lettuce leaves and form a lettuce bowl on two plates
Add corn, beans and rice in center of leaf bowls
Add tuna, hard boiled egg, and strawberries
Top with Crispy Onions
Dress with low-fat ranch dressing, pepper to taste

Enjoy!

Joyful cooking,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment