Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Curried Mango Turkey Breast

I just love August. Yesterday, I went back to my classroom for the first time in several months. I unstacked the chairs and arranged the desks. I unboxed my library and set the books invitingly on the shelves. I unrolled the flags and placed them in their holders - all ready for the first morning announcements of a new school year. Ahhh... I think you have to be a teacher to understand how great a feeling this is. :)

After a quick stop at HEB, I was back home and ready to make supper. I needed something tasty and quick. I chose Stonewall Kitchen Curried Mango Grille Sauce. I think you will like it.


First, I scored (cross-cut) the turkey breast to create a greater surface area and poured the curried mango over the turkey. I flipped it once to get the thick sauce in the score lines and placed it in the refrigerator to rest. Next, I steamed fresh zucchini and yellow squash with coriander, cooked brown rice, and combined a no-fat, plain yogurt with fresh sliced peaches and a touch of agave. I love the way fresh peaches taste with mango and the agave made it a sweet treat.

When my husband, Rod, got home, we popped the turkey breast on the grill in an aluminum foil boat, and in under 30 minutes we enjoyed a simple, workday meal.

Here is the simple recipe. Enjoy.
Curried Mango Turkey Breast

1 turkey breast tenderloin
1/2 bottle Stonewall Kitchen Curried Mango Grill Sauce

Preheat grill or oven
Score the turkey breast
Cover with Curried Mango Grill Sauce
Make an aluminum foil boat
Cook in the covered grill or oven for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees

Joyful cooking!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment